How to Enable and Disable Text-to-Speech on My Element TV?
Your Element TV has a built-in Audio Guide, which includes Text-to-Speech and Video Description, which assist users to navigate the on-screen menus.
Text-to-Speech, or TTS, is a form of speech synthesis that converts written text into a spoken voice output. This allows visually impaired people to listen to digital content that they are unable to read.
Video Description is audio narration added to a TV or movie soundtrack describing key visual elements that blind or visually impaired viewers might otherwise miss. Such elements include settings, scene changes, speaker identification, clothing, facial expressions, actions, and onscreen text.
Once this Text-to-Speech feature is activated, the Audio Guide will read out text, menu items, and other on-screen items. Once Video Description is activated, Audio Guide will describe key visual elements by audio narration.
Below are the step-by-step instructions to enable or disable this feature:
- Press on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- Press the right arrow button and select Accessibility.
- Press the right arrow button and select Voice Guide or Video Description.
- Press the right arrow button and select ON to enable or OFF to disable the text-to-speech or Video Description feature.